Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Blog Post #1



Navigating the Digital Age: My Top Five Platforms for Staying Informed and Connected



 In today’s society, sources of information differentiate and spread in a variety of ways. While people view and share information through only a few sources of media or access to information, I can confidently say that I only access and use information through the use of five sources. These sources are through the use of social media.


              

1. Instagram

I gain access to adapt to and share information through the use of Instagram. I enjoy finding information through Instagram because is simple, and fit to satisfy each users liking. Instagram is used by sharing posts or comments that are suggested by mutual followers or friends, and Instagram has features such as showing information with you and your account based on who you follow, what types or categories of photos or videos you interact with, and what is suggested for you based on what your most common interests are.


2. LinkedIn

I also access news and most sources of information through LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a professionally-based app which directs potential students, employees, job hunters, and career matchmakers to find what they are looking for, whether internship or career path. This is a great way to meet professional and/or academic connections, whilst keeping updated in current business information, large corporate business news, or even small advertisements for companies looking for employees. I usually use LinkedIn to help me expand my network and find fellow students or peers in the same career field as me, as inspiration or idea of what next steps I should take for potential future possibilities.


3. TikTok

TikTok is one of the biggest and most popular social media platforms that the general population uses as a source to access and network information today in society. The rapid increase of TikTok users today have lead to results of consistent decline of of journalism engagement and news engagement in other social media platforms such as Facebook and X. TikTok has similar features to Instagram whereas viral and suggested videos based on the account owners interests are shown, and any popular or most-commonly streaming videos are represented and reposted, spreading the information and video footage of any new information or news more vastly to larger populations of the brands users. 


4. Snapchat

I use Snapchat as another way of accessing and sharing news. Snapchat allows accessibility to group chats, texting, picture taking and receiving, and news article tab features. Usually when swiping left on the Snapchat application, all Snapchat users have access to a variety of different news articles separated in multiple gridded segments that can easily be scrolled through. In these news article tabs celebrity news can be found, sports news, current happenings across the nation, controversial scandals, and more commonly recognized situations that are recognized in any other media channel. Not only is it a great way to gain access to important information, but it is also a great way of keeping mutual connections.


5. Word-of-Mouth

As my fifth and final source, hearing informative news through word-of-mouth is the most commonly source of news and information in my life. I grew up with a very opinionated family upbringing so I usually hear any political, widely controversial, or most significant worldwide news through word-of-mouth through my personal life when I am home with my father, mother, and my two brothers. I hear different perspectives and take on information based on who I am talking to, their personal beliefs, and how they heard and/or are displaying this information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #11

  Technology in the Modern World: Reflecting on Technology in my Life        Looking and reflecting on life and its intertwining with the us...